Sunday, January 1, 2012

Raised Gardens and all their glory!!!!

Happy New Year!
I have been putting off this post until I could show a garden with life about it's soil. Me and my dad built this 4x6 garden with the help of Home Depot online.
After constructing the beast, setting it in place, and filling it with drainage rocks and soil, it was ready. I decided to go with square foot gardening. From all that I've read, it really is the most space efficient method (correct me if you think otherwise). To make things easier I went  out with some string and some nails, and set up an easy (removable) grid.




Visibly planted I have:

-Burpee yellow and green zucchini (front left)
-pickling and burp-less cucumbers (3 rows back)
-green beans (back row)

As invisible seeds I have:

-Danver half long carrots
-arugula
-chop-suey mix greens
-salad mix greens
-beets

In Sprouting green house:
-cherry tomatoes
-mystery heirloom tomatoes
-yellow bell peppers
-basil
-borage
-mystery eggplant

I am super stoked!!!! It is finally happening, I am gardening in my garden!


No comments:

Post a Comment